If you’ve found yourself unexpectedly running out of airtime on your MTN line, you might be unwittingly subscribed to a service that’s draining your funds.
But don’t worry, you can easily take control and cancel these subscriptions.
Here’s a straightforward, step-by-step guide to help you manage and cancel any unwanted subscriptions, commonly known as WASP services, on your MTN account.
Understanding WASP Subscriptions
WASP stands for Wireless Application Service Providers. These entities collaborate with MTN to deliver a variety of services and content directly to your mobile device, which might include news updates, games, horoscopes, and more.
Subscriptions to these services can result in charges to your airtime, often without clear consent.
How You Might Have Subscribed
Subscriptions to these services often happen inadvertently, possibly through clicking on a pop-up ad or during the use of certain apps.
It’s crucial to be vigilant when browsing online or using apps with multiple ads to avoid unintentional subscriptions.
Checking for Active Subscriptions
To find out if you’re subscribed to any services, you have three methods at your disposal:
- USSD Code: Quick and accessible without the need for internet.
- MTN App: Offers a user-friendly interface with detailed information.
- MTN Website: Provides a comprehensive view of your account and subscriptions.
*155#from your MTN line.
- Select the option to view or cancel subscriptions.
- Review any listed active subscriptions.
On the MTN App
- Download the MTN app from your device’s app store.
- Register or log in using your MTN number and a valid ID number.
- Confirm your number with the OTP sent to you.
- Navigate to the “Products” section to view your subscriptions.
Via the MTN Website
- Visit www.mtn.co.za.
- Log in or register if you haven’t already.
- Access your profile and go to the “Subscriptions” section to see active services.
How to Cancel Subscription on Mtn
Once you’ve identified any unwanted subscriptions, you can cancel them using the same three methods mentioned above.
1. Checking and Cancelling via USSD
USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) provides a quick and straightforward way to manage your subscriptions without needing an internet connection. Here’s how you can use it:
On your MTN-connected mobile phone, open the phone dialer.
*155# and press the call button.
You’ll see a menu; choose the option to view subscriptions. This is usually option 1 but could vary, so follow the on-screen instructions.
A list of your current subscriptions will be displayed on your screen.
If, after checking, you find subscriptions you no longer want, you can start the cancellation process immediately.
From the list of subscriptions, select the one you wish to cancel. There might be an option like “Manage” or “Cancel” next to each subscription.
Follow the prompts to confirm cancellation. You may need to select “Yes” or enter a specific number to confirm.
2. Using the MTN App
The MTN App provides a more user-friendly interface for managing your subscriptions and offers additional details about each service.
Download the MTN app from your device’s respective app store (Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS).
Install and open the app, then proceed to sign up or log in. If you’re a new user, you’ll need your MTN mobile number and a valid form of identification for the registration process.
After registration, you’ll receive a One-Time PIN (OTP) via SMS for verification. Enter this OTP in the app to verify your account.
Check and Cancel Subscriptions:
Once logged in, navigate to the “Products” or “My Subscriptions” section of the app.
Here, you’ll see a list of active subscriptions. Each subscription should have detailed information, including costs and renewal dates.
To cancel a subscription, select it and look for the “Cancel” or “Unsubscribe” option. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the cancellation.
3. Via the MTN Website
For those who prefer using a computer or need to access more detailed account information, the MTN website is a comprehensive resource.
Accessing Your Account:
Go to the official MTN website (www.mtn.co.za) using your preferred web browser.
If you’re not already logged in, you’ll need to log in or register. Registration requires your MTN mobile number and an identification document.
Once logged in, navigate to your account profile or dashboard.
Look for a section labeled “Subscriptions,” “Manage Services,” or something similar.
Within this section, you’ll find a list of your current subscriptions, complete with details such as service names, costs, and renewal dates.
To cancel any subscription, click on the “Cancel” or “Unsubscribe” button next to the relevant service and confirm your decision.
Tips to Avoid Unwanted Subscriptions
- Read Carefully: Always read terms and conditions before downloading apps or subscribing to services.
- Beware of Free Trials: Remember that free trials may convert to paid subscriptions. Set reminders to cancel if you’re not interested.
- Avoid Suspicious Ads: Be cautious with ads and pop-ups promising exclusive deals.
- Set Limits: Use spending limits or content blocking features if available from MTN.
- Monitor Your Bills: Regularly check your MTN bills for unexpected subscription charges.
Following this guide, you can effectively manage your MTN subscriptions, ensuring you only pay for what you truly want or need. Stay vigilant and proactive to enjoy a hassle-free mobile experience.